Choreographing Your Search
Exercises to practice searching in Eureka
- Select the books (BKS) file. How many entries contain the words dance and nature in their titles? Were any published before 1800?
- Search by typing fin tw dance nature. Result: At least 17 entries.
- At least two titles were published before 1800.
- Select the Archival and Mixed Collections (AMC) file. How many entries contain the word Ballet or Balet in their titles? Which institution holds George Antheil's materials relating to Ballet Mechanique?
- Search by typing fin tw ballet or tw balet. Result: At least 71 entries.
- Antheil's Ballet Mechanique materials are held by the Getty Center for the History of Art and the Humanities, Archives of the History of Art.
- Where are records of the Choreogram Dance Studio located? Does the Collection contain photographs? (Hint: use CW for Corporate Word to search for this collection.)
- Search by typing fin cw Choreogram. Result: At least 1 entry.
- Yes, the collection does contain photographs.