Choreographing Your Search
What can be learned here?
- In this Introduction, you will learn basic concepts of archive organization, some terminology used in archives, and the customary procedures for using an archive.
- In Online Catalogs you will learn about some of the online catalogs that include dance materials, and how to effectively search those online catalogs
- In Dance Heritage Coalition Finding Aids, you will learn how to use the Dance Heritage Coalition's resource, and can then try a real-time search.
- Other Catalogs, Indexes and Guides describes only a few of the online, printed, and CD-ROM resources available. Talk to your local archivist or research collection librarian to learn about others.
- This guide is a tutorial.
To become an expert searcher, begin with the resources explained here. Then enhance your work by consulting the staff of archival collections, who truly expect that you will seek their assistance.